Comprehensive Eye Care at Logos Vision in New Jersey
Are you looking for an eye doctor in the Hamilton Township area? Logos Vision and their board-certified optometrist – Dr. Silvana Abadeer – offers vision services to the entire community. With years of experience and a friendly, knowledgeable staff, we have the eye care that you need.
About the Eye Exam
A comprehensive exam of the eyes is important for one’s overall health. A comprehensive exam is the first place to start when you are talking about eye care. During this exam, the eye doctor will:
- Observe how your eyes work together
- Look for signs of glaucoma or another eye disease
- Check the pressure of the fluid in your eyes
- Test the sharpness of your vision
- Determine what – if any – prescription you need
Dr. Abadeer may also dilate your eyes so that they can look into your retina. This way they can see if there are eye conditions such as diabetic retinopathy or other serious conditions.
Contact Lens Exams & Fitting
If you are looking for contact lenses the eye doctor will perform a set of specific tests such as:
- Measuring the eye surface to determine the type of contact that is best for you as well as size.
- A tear film evaluation that ensures you have enough tears to wear contacts comfortably.
After you have been given contacts, Dr. Abadeer will do a reevaluation roughly one week later. During this appointment, the optometrist evaluates your vision with contacts and can answer any concerns you may have.
Prescription Eyeglasses & Sunglasses
If the doctor determines that you need to wear corrective lenses, you will be directed to choose a frame. The staff here at Logos Vision will assist you with choosing a frame that compliments your face. In addition, you can choose to have your prescription lenses tinted for use as sunglasses.
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiogram – This test allows the doctor to view how well blood moves into the retina and helps to diagnose macular degeneration, retinal detachment, and diabetic retinopathy. It uses a dye, fluorescein, that is injected into the bloodstream to view swelling, abnormal blood vessels, circulatory problems, and leaking vessels.
- OTC – Optical Coherence Tomography is a non-invasive imaging test that takes cross-section pictures of the retina using light waves to enable the doctor to see the distinct layers of the retina and provide guidance for treatment of retinal disease and glaucoma.
Contact Logos Vision in Hamilton Township Today
If you want more information, call the friendly professional staff at Logos Vision at (609) 587-3937, stop by our offices in Hamilton Township, or schedule an appointment to be seen by our eye doctor.